ECM certified as Home of 21st Century Education!
Exploration, the first mobile children's museum in Greece, is CERTIFIED as Home of 21st Century Education.
Home of 21st Century is a place where families and children – by culture, arts and play- can learn how to positively change the future. The 8 Characteristics of the Manifesto of the Home of 21st Century Education includes:
Children’s door to the culture!
- We are cultural gateways: locally relevant, easily accessible and comprehensive to all!
- We are public refuges of well being and enjoyment, heritage, aesthetics and imagination.
- We serve as entrance institutions into cultural life.
Home of interactive self-learning: trying out the unknown, astonishment and imagination. Learn by play!
- We are educational labs: trying out the unknown, astonishment and imagination. Learn by play!
- As incubators of contemporary education, we' continuously create and improve hands-on, mind-on, heart-on learning experiences. We research, develop and test innovative educational practices.
- We offer play-based, interdisciplinary, multi-perspective and interactive learning experiences where imagination, creativity, and curiosity for the unknown are at home.
Developing your children’s talents holistically as a meaningful experience for all senses
- We provide a holistic education and we engage children to develop all their talents and skills!
- We create hands-on experiences that make sense for all children!
- Our principles are Hands On! Mind On! Heart On!
Children as equal part of the society, imaging and changing the world into a better place!
- We foster education for humanity!
- We empower our visitors to build healthy relationships between individuals, community and society.
- We encourage children to become co-creators and change-agents of society.
For all ages, bridging the gaps between generations!
- We are intergenerational with children in the center!
- We serve as meeting places to bridge the gaps between generations.
- We foster intergenerational dialogue and learning!
Place to interact, engage, whoever you are. Every voice can be heard!
- We are responsive, audience-focused institutions, where interactivity is at the heart of every visitor's experience!
- We apply a polyphonic, participatory and inclusive approach.
- Social and cultural diversity is reflected in all our "P's": in our people, program, products, promotion, place, partners, process and prices.
Navigating between reality and virtuality!
- We are digitally aware and active!
- We embrace digital technology for children and the older ones.
- We help children to navigate through different realities and virtualities!
Constantly changing to what is needed!
- We are dynamic and evolving organisations!
- We connect to the global issues but we act locally
- We continuously adapt and respond to the changing needs of local communities, in connection with recent global and local developments.
Exploration demonstrated they meet higher standards of practice in the above-mentioned areas.
This brand and label of quality was created to recognize museums as learning places for the future education, and to highlight their potential to bring the positive social change.
For more information about the label, please visit www.21stcenturychildren.eu